DKT International seeks a Country Director for its social marketing and social franchising operations in Tanzania. This 3-year old program provides family planning and HIV prevention options through the marketing and sale of a range of contraceptive products, including condoms, as well as through a network of DKT clinics and, additionally, franchised clinics. New leadership with build on the strong programmatic foundations to strengthen the brand and service delivery platforms and generate health impact while strengthening growing entrepreneurial orientation. A parallel objective is to build programmatic sustainability through cost-recovery, product cross-segmentation, and social entrepreneurship.
Management responsibilities include:
• Direct, manage, and implement a social marketing program to deliver demonstrated impact and results.
• Direct, manage, and implement clinical service delivery programs through DKT’s own network of clinics as well as through franchised clinics.
• Oversee and resolve a wide range of in-country executive, financial, administrative-related issues with little direct HQ support.
• Continue building financial sustainability through cost-recovery and increased revenue generation.
• Negotiate such matters as product registrations with government entities.
• Ensure successful launch of new reproductive health products
• Lead the conceptualization and implementation of marketing, sales and behavior change campaigns for a range of products.
• Direct and utilize various media: radio, TV, print, Internet, to reach people with much-needed information about HIV/AIDS and family planning.
• Support the fight against HIV/AIDS by ensuring availability of condoms, focusing on high-risk populations, and providing culturally appropriate information about HIV/AIDS.
• Manage, cultivate, and develop relationships with donors, government, NGOs, social entrepreneurs, businesses, and community groups.
• Raise funds from donors in order to grow the program.
• Deliver and increase sales of contraceptives and condoms.
• Strengthen capacity of health care providers to provide affordable and effective family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention services.
• Manage and report on all product sales and program activities on a monthly basis.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience in marketing and sales or social marketing programs. Experience in creating high-quality teams and/or successfully scaling a business, nonprofit or social initiative is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management / health management /marketing.
• Proven track record of fiscal management experience. Ability to manage a budget and/or P&L.
• Management experience in strategy development and marketing. Ability to manage and relate well to staff from a developing country.
• Demonstrated ability to hire and provide oversight to staff and contract consultants as needed.
• Networking skills: demonstrated ability to network and liaise with local nationals, donors, NGOs, government entities, business professionals.
• Conversant in issues of international public health (especially reproductive health)
• Oral and written English skills required. Kiswahili a bonus.
• Previous experience in a developing country (especially in Africa).
• Willingness to be posted to other DKT offices at some point in the future. The candidate must share DKTs enthusiasm for providing and promoting contraceptives in developing countries and should be comfortable with all aspects of family planning and reproductive health, including abortion.
The successful director may be transferred to another country after four to five years.
This position requires a person who is accustomed to and enjoys working largely on his/her own with minimal supervision, a person who likes to manage programs and be accountable for the results. Should have strong time management, organizational, and relationship-building skills. Candidates should be results oriented, success-driven, self-motivated, problem solving, comfortable with risk-taking, impatient with bureaucracy. A very strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity are assumed.SHARE