In May 2017, DKT acquired WomanCare Global (WCG), which held exclusive rights for the Ipas Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) suite of technology. The Ipas MVA is globally seen as the preeminent method for clinical abortion & miscarriage management. The new DKT WomanCare (DKT WC) is responsible for global distribution in more than 100 countries, including markets as diverse as Brazil, Canada, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
DKT WomanCare oversees the manufacturing of the Ipas MVA technology and is responsible for Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, including compliance with US FDA, EC, ISO, and other quality standards. In February 2018, DKT WC became the exclusive distributor for Levoplant, a WHO Pre-qualified three-year contraceptive implant. Together, the global exclusive rights to Levoplant and the Ipas MVA technology form the core of DKT WC’s product portfolio, which will continue to grow over time.
DKT WomanCare seeks a Logistics & Supply Chain Manager to begin as soon as possible. The position will be based out of DKT International’s office in Shanghai, China. The successful candidate will be DKT’s primary liaison with critical manufacturing partners, and will have primary reporting responsibility to the DKT WomanCare Operations Director, but will interface with the Commercial, Marketing, Regulatory, and Finance Departments. The candidate’s employment will be subject to local employment laws and regulations, and the candidate will follow the norms and procedures of the DKT China office under the responsibility of the DKT China Managing Director.
• Along with the DKT WCG operations Director and Sales Department, tracking and responding to orders throughout the purchase lifecycle (i.e. from customer inquiry through receipt by customer)
• Provide accurate and timely information to the Operation Director for the Company’s Sales & Operational Planning process (S & OP)
• Performing daily updates and ensuring effective communication with manufacturing plant in Shaghai (or, on special request, with any other plant with whom DKT WC might conduct business) in order to maintain accurate inventory registers for all materials and components on hand
• Analyzing consumption data to identify re-order points and providing accurate lead times for customer quotes
• Managing relationships with freight-forwarders and sourcing competitive quotes for shipments according to order
• Along with the Operations Director, preparing all documentation for freight-forwarding and export
• Along with the manufacturer and the Marketing and Regulatory Departments, ensure shipments meet all customer specifications based on purchase order and regulatory requirements, as well as ensuring that correct documentation is provided to clear Customs
• Along with the Regulatory Department, ensure manufacturer compliance with GS1 and other applicable global standards
• Provide other routine data for Global FP VAN and others, as requires
• Represent DKT WomanCare and collaborate toward certification agencies as Bureau Veritas or any others to enable smooth export processes
Key Performance Indicators:
The successful candidate’s performance and compensation will be judged upon:
• The percentage of orders that are shipped on-time and in-full
• Increasing service levels (i.e. avoiding stock-outs or extended lead times)
• Increasing the total number of units shipped per year
• Reducing the number of resources invested in working capital
• Avoiding inventory obsolescence
Desired skills & experience:
Professional integrity and strong ethics are assumed. The successful candidate will possess:
• Strong ability to independently manage their work, solve problems, and take initiative
• Rigorous intellect with capacity to appreciate both the big picture and the details
• Communication and leadership skills to translate analysis into action
• Tenacity to see projects, customer inquiries, and shipments through to completion
• Strong attention to detail, especially with documentation and record-keeping practices
• Ability to manage and keep up-to-date large datasets that intersect with other Departments of the company
• Strong command of Microsoft programs and any Logistic management tools
• Fluency in Mandarin (native) and English (professional required; native fluency preferred); French language skill desirable but not required
• Previous experience with inventory and supply chain management; freight forwarding; customs and exportation
• Previous experience with pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred
DKT International seeks an Administration and Human Resources Associate to assist in the headquarters of a large, complex, non-profit using social marketing to address public health needs in over thirty developing countries.
In addition to strong technical skills in areas of administration and human resources, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to think critically, anticipate issues and needs of the organization, and write and communicate effectively. This position will also provide a range of support functions to the Chief Executive Officer. The position is based in Washington, DC, and reports to the Office Administrator.
Responsibilities include supporting the smooth administrative functioning of the offices, including working with DKT’s overseas offices, and ensuring that human resource needs are met both for international and national staff.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
• Provide administrative support including entering, formatting, and printing information, organizing and responding to administrative queries and requests, answering the telephone, maintaining equipment and supplies, filing and organizing a range of documents, collecting and mailing correspondence, maintaining/ checking supplies and inventory.
• Providing administrative support to DKT’s offices and partners, including passport and visa processing, legal documentation, maintaining facilities, records, equipment. This includes, when needed, planning space allocations, layouts and floor moves, arranging for and supervising building maintenance, involvement in identifying and procuring services and products as needed and requested
• Assist with human resource functions, including on-boarding for new employees, maintaining and updating employee information, sharing relevant updates, and assisting with employee benefits, including insurance. Experience with implementing Human Capital Management (HCM) and/or Human Resource Human Resource Management System (HRIS).
• Help ensure that the headquarters office runs smoothly and efficiently, including the availability of supplies and processes that are clear and anticipate the needs of office members.
• Provide a range of support functions to DKT’s President.
• Help maintain and oversee IT consultants, including related to DKT’s website and social media sites.
• Occasional support to the Finance and Accounting Department for filing, scanning, performing organizational tasks, developing finance tools.
• Help build company morale with events, activities, and staff recognition.
• Other duties as assigned
• College Degree
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a relevant field or organization
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Proven administrative, HR, and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
• Fluency with computer programs needed for effective office management.
• Track record of dependability, teamwork, confidentiality
• The candidate must share DKTs enthusiasm for providing and promoting contraceptives in developing countries and should enjoy and be comfortable with all aspects of family planning and reproductive health, including abortion.
• This position requires a person who is accustomed to and enjoys working largely on his/her own with minimal supervision. Should have strong time management, organizational, and relationship-building skills. Candidates should be results-oriented, success-driven, self-motivated, problem-solving, comfortable with risk-taking and impatient with bureaucracy. A very strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity are assumed
Since 1989, the nonprofit social business DKT International has been promoting family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention through social marketing in the developing world. DKT has programs in more than 30 countries, and markets and sells a wide range of contraceptives and reproductive health product, making DKT International one of the largest family planning providers in the world.
DKT has been recognized as a nonprofit leader in the area of financial accountability and efficiency.
Every year DKT’s innovative programs are saving more lives and improving the health of families in Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
The Regional Sales Consultant – French West Africa is responsible for establishing an effective and sustainable distribution network for the Ipas Manual Vacuum Aspirator (MVA) Kit and related products in ECA region in order to drive sales revenue, volume, and profit in the region. The Consultant is also responsible for the formulation and implementation of the annual business plan for ECA, as well as, in collaboration with the Global Product/Category Manager, developing strategies on how to position, market and distribute our products.
• Perform a landscape analysis of the ECA region and existing distributors
• Manage expense budget within the allocated budget
• Take full accountability and responsibility for the required remedial action (Ensure correct usage of MVA; Convert D&C to MVA; Resolve stock situations; Work in consultation with distributors)
• More responsibilities listed on full job posting (linked below)
• Experience in commerce, sales, marketing, medical, or biological-related field
• Minimum 7 years of sales management experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry
• Willingness to travel 40% of the time
• More qualifications listed on full job posting (linked below)
Send your resume/CV and a one-‐page cover letter detailing how your sales experience and achievements to date and how you would add value to DKT WomanCare Global to email@example.com by October 14th, 11:59pm GMT.